Mission & Philosophy
Risen Christ Catholic School was formed in 1993 as the consolidation of five area parish schools: Holy Name, Holy Rosary, Incarnation, St. Albert the Great and St. Stephen’s, to preserve and strengthen Catholic education for new generations of children in the heart of south Minneapolis.
We are an extraordinarily vibrant faith and learning community today because of the vision, prayers, support and hard work of countless teachers, staff, students, parents, volunteers and benefactors who believe that all children, regardless of circumstances or background, should have the opportunity to experience the transformative power of a Catholic school education.
Risen Christ Catholic School is a K-8, bilingual, multicultural and financially accessible school of excellence, educating children in mind, body, and spirit to live and lead in the example of Jesus Christ.
Risen Christ Catholic School believes in:
- offering an outstanding Catholic education to all children whose families choose it, including those from diverse family, financial, religious, cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- infusing all aspects of education with the Gospel message and Catholic, Christian values;
- forming the mind, body and spirit so that every child achieves academic excellence, experiences physical, social, and emotional well being, and acts with character and integrity;
- partnering with parents, churches and community organizations to develop each child’s potential and support the well-being of all families;
- enriching the lives of all members of this faith and learning community (students, families, staff, volunteers, and benefactors) through service to one another;
- celebrating and supporting the languages, cultures and traditions of our students, families and local communities;
- developing fully bilingual and bi-literate scholars who are prepared for success in high school, college and beyond;
- being a diverse, inclusive and accessible community where all are welcome and affirmed.