The following list is a sample of opportunities. At Risen Christ Catholic School we believe there are many skills and talents not listed which volunteers could bring to the school and we welcome your ideas. Please contact Maggie McCarrick , Director of Volunteers to discuss a volunteer placement.
Core Academic Support
Volunteer tutors may work 1:1 or with small groups of students in literacy, math, social studies, science or religion under the direction of the classroom teacher.
All grade levels need English speaking volunteers. Volunteers who speak Spanish fluently may assist in our dual language program.
For the success of the students volunteers are asked to commit to a minimum of 1x/week for 1-2 hours.
As an academic support volunteer you will:
- Reinforce the curriculum
- Boost the confidence of the students
- Empower students to learn
Specialty Curriculum Support
- Art Adventure: During the months of March and April volunteers introduce students to works of art from a variety of cultures using materials from the Minneapolis Institute of Art (MIA).
- Volunteers must attend training at the MIA.
- Minimum commitment of 1x/ week for 1 hour in March and April.
- Book Club Leader – In January and February facilitate a lunchtime book club for 3-5th
- Technology Support – Assist with maintenance of Apple computers.
Friday Food Program
- Each Friday volunteers fill student backpacks with food for the weekend. This essential program provides meals for Risen Christ families.
- This is a great opportunity for a group or individual.
- Minimum commitment of one Friday/month, during the lunch time.
Help the Advancement team with mailings, fundraising and the annual gala.