TOP 10 QUESTIONS ASKED ABOUT RISEN CHRIST SCHOOL
- What are the school hours? The school day for 2018/2019 will be 9:55am – 4:25pm.
- What grades are offered at Risen Christ? Risen Christ School offers grades kindergarten through 8th Kindergarten is an all-day program. There currently is no pre-school at Risen Christ.
- What does it cost for my child to go to Risen Christ? The “Family Share” of tuition – your cost – is based on a sliding For the 2018-19 school year the cost will be $550-$3125 per student. There are discounts for more than one child attending and there is no charge for the fourth or more child from a family. You don’t have to pay all at once – there are several payment plans that allow you to spread the cost over three, five or ten payments. We want to work with you on the finances so that your child can attend Risen Christ School.
- Do students wear uniforms? Yes, children are required to wear a school A uniform guide provides the information on what uniform is expected at the different grade levels. Often, the uniform pieces can be purchased at any regular store.
- Is there busing? Busing is provided by the Minneapolis Public Schools within set boundary lines that they There is no additional cost for busing. The school office can tell you if you are living within the busing boundaries.
- Is there before and after school care? No, however, we have a free before school exercise and enrichment program called BLC that starts at 8:15am. There currently are no after school programs
- Is there a breakfast or lunch program? Yes, Risen Christ School offers free breakfast for all students and a hot lunch program every day, serving nutritious Families that qualify through the National School Hot Lunch Program are eligible to receive lunches free. The regular cost for a hot lunch is $2.90 in 2017/2018; the price for next year will be set over the summer.
- What classes are there besides the usual math, reading, ? Risen Christ offers music, physical education, computer and religion classes for all students in addition to the core academic classes. Grades 6-8 are organized as a middle school to help the students in preparing for the transition to high school.
- Are there extra-curricular sports? At this time we do not have an athletic program after school.
- Do students attend Mass? As a Catholic school, spirituality is a very important part of the school day at Risen There is a biweekly Mass attended by students, as well as a number of other opportunities for prayer throughout the week. With a diverse student body and over half our students non-Catholic, we are sensitive to the variety of religious beliefs represented in the school and draw on that diversity to provide students with a wide range of religious experiences.
Please visit our web site at www.risenchristschool.org to learn more about Risen Christ School and our wonderful teachers and students.
1120 East 37th Street Minneapolis, MN 55407 phone: 612-822-5329 fax: 612-729-2336